One menu for mouseover and click?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
deedee123

Hi,
Is there a single menu with submenu component that works for mouse and touch? (without duplicating the whole structure?).
I'm now using one that works with onclick ("Rollover Menu Click" component). Works o.k. for both, but for mouse use it feels not so intuitive that the subcategories don't show/hide on mouseover/out. would be more elegant if it does..
David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
The menu would need to detect Has Touch and adjust accordingly.
What is needed is in the logic blocks that use the mouse over parent which would be used on a computer with a mouse, add an additional condition, saying only do this if Has Touch is false.

Then the mouse click actions to open the menu item which you would use on a touch screen device, you would have the action filter that would say only do this if Has Touch is true.
So using a combination of action filters and logic block conditions you use the Has Touch trigger to prevent clicks on the computer and then prevent mouse over on a touchscreen device.
Hope this makes sense.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

hi,
ok good i'm gonna try make it.
because the downloadable components "rollover menu click" and "rollover menu mouseover" are separate (but doing the same) i thought maybe it's not possible.
also there's some "cloner_close" and "cloner_tag" values in those components of which i'm not entirely sure what they do :) but tinkering there might break the working of it. i'll give it a try !
david