Delayed Pop-ups

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
NaderF

Hello All,

I have been searching a way to implement a delay for pop-up text, such as tooltips and node maker info in Maps and Floor Plans.

I have dabbled in using a timer with little success. That was trying to set a timer's value when hovering over a node marker. Then making the pop-up dependent on the timer being inactive as well as mouse over parent. I am not sure the sequence is caught properly, that is, node marker's ID pops up before the timer become active.

If this sounds confusing, don't be surprised. First time using a timer!

Any suggestions for a more obvious approach?

Thanks

Nader
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Nader,
Can you share your skin with how far you got so far?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
NaderF

Thanks for the prompt response Hopki. Attached is a test version of what I was trying to accomplish. Which was to let users who are familiar with the tools or the location of the nodes not be interrupted by distracting text popping up.

Not familiar with details of timers, I figures as soon as their value is none zero they activate until they run it down and deactivate. Using that idea I have a timer that controls a parameter called "opt_wait". When it is active (running) it sets that parameter to "True" and then when it stops (deactivates) sets it to "False".

The value of the timer is set by the entity you hover on. There are three in this example, two on the site plan and one is the show/hide tool on the upper left. They set the timer value to from 0.75 seconds to 1.5 seconds, just to test when mouse enters them, and if you leave before the clock runs out, then they set the timer back to zero.

The tooltip and marker node texts only make themselves visible when "opt_wait" is false, as well as the mouse is over the item they are a child of.

A placeholder text shows if the timer state (actually the opt_wait parameter's value).

I was hoping to be find a way for a single variable which could universally control the changes. Somehow my solution feels clunky.

Nader
JMS Associates
Test003.ggsk
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Test003.ggsk
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Panos.zip
(7.72 MiB) Downloaded 175 times
Attachments
Test003.p2vr
(4.94 KiB) Downloaded 155 times