Center an image on the skin

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
frodo

Hi! First thanks to those tutorials which helped me a lot and encouraged me to build some more complex skins. Also thanks to those who published their skins to offer the chance to learn from them also.
Here is my question: how can I center an image (instruction for example) in the center of the skin/panorama independent from the monitor size. I´m sure the answer will be obvious and easy so forgive my inexperience.
Any help welcome.
Martin :D
frodo

Hi! Really no one can help me with this one? I thought it would be easier. I simply need to fix/anchor an image in the middle of the screen/skin, independent from the screen size. At this moment I could fix it using an 22" monitor, but when watching it on a 17" monitor it it misplaced (that means it is not fixed). I tried to check some other examples, like the one Hopki published, which are very complex and instructive. Thanks.
Any help welcome. Regards, Martin
smooth

Martin,

It doesn't matter what size the skin "stage" is in the editor.
The centre is the centre and all you need do is set the anchor for the X and Y position of the centered anchor. Of course if your skin stage is 800 wide and your image is 200 wide you would set it at 300 pixels.
That way 100 pixels is being shared in each half of 400. You repeat the same with the height I.E: 600 tall stage with 100 tall image will be 250 pixels. 50 pixels in each half of 300.

X= 300 Y=250

Stage area will have no bearing on window (screen) display size. The centre is always the centre.

Regards, Smooth 8)
frodo

Hi, Smooth!
Thanks for your answer. As far as I understood, I have to calculate once, (having the size of skin editor window and of the image) to place/anchor the image. Once done that that it will be placed centred whatever monitor size I use. Right? :D
Thanks again, Martin
smooth

mskp wrote:Hi, Smooth!
Thanks for your answer. As far as I understood, I have to calculate once, (having the size of skin editor window and of the image) to place/anchor the image. Once done that that it will be placed centred whatever monitor size I use. Right? :D
Thanks again, Martin
Martin,

Typically I set the stage to a common size in my case 1024x768 (but I used 800x600) as an easy example above.
My panoramas I display on my own screen at 24" 1680x1050 and on my office client display monitor at 42" 1920x1080.
Wouldn't make any difference if my stage was 640x480, 800x600 etc. Centre is the centre.

Regards, Smooth 8)