polygon hotspot and multilingual interface

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
CStüben

Hi all,
after some lurking around here in the forum and tutorials i managed to internationalize a polygon hotspot (hotspot id, container in skin, linked to hotspot proxy [ its id ]), actions that show a text field with different texts choosen by logic block).

I have several poly hotspots, each needs its own container, so i have many containers too.

The question is ... can 1 container listen to several poly hotspots, can i enter several poly hotspot proxy ids in one container? Using comma or blank as divisor doesnt work.

Greetings from germany
Chris
---
Die Welt ist eine runde Scheibe.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
With regards to Hotspot Proxy ID, you can use the wild card "*".
Then using actions and action filters means you can have one container with lots of actions, using the action filter only triggering the actions required.
As an example, if you had a number in the Polygone Hotspots target text field, leaving the title and description free.
The action filter would be if hotspot target = number.
If this number is unique then only that action in the container would trigger.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
CStüben

Hi Hopki,
i already tried the wildcard. But doesn´t work.

Because i have two groups of poly hotspots, the first group jumps to 1st floor, Poly1eg01, Poly1eg02, Poly1eg03, Poly1eg04, and tried to catch them with Poly1eg*, the second group PolyPater01, PolyPater02 jumps to the Paternoster elevator, to catch with PolyPater* but no success. When trying the partial wildcard no actions will start.

So now in the current project the number of affected objects is low, below 10, so several containers is a ugly but practicable work around. Bigger projects will come and then a partial wildcard will be a big help.

Please keep "partial wildcards" as a feature request in mind 8)

greetings from germany
Chris
---
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chris,
This is not what I meant.
Open the attached project, you will see only one container.
It has five actions, but action filters stop all the actions triggering all at once.

In this case, there is a number added to the polygon hotspots target, the action filter is using this to filter what action needs to be triggered.
The container has the wild card * so any hotspot, be it point or polygon will link to it.
It is the action filters that limit which actions get triggered.
Regards,
Attachments
poly.zip
(12.96 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
CStüben

Ah, yes, i see. The "logic-block-filter-junction-symbol" in the action setup is well hidden :!:
Didn´t know that this is possible. (must buy better glasses for computer work :roll: )
---