Cloner Filter not working. Ideas?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
mlenox

Using a local copy of silhouette_v6.ggsk, changing Cloner|Filter|Tags to a tag ("AddOn") that only one of eight scenes has, does not filter. Tried the reverse, filter by "Scenes" where the first seven nodes have a "Scene" tag and the last scene only has "AddOn". In either case, thumbnail menu shows all scenes regardless of their tags. Made sure I am running "thumbnail_menu" and not "thumbnail_menu_mobile". Also tried setting the Filter the same in both ... just in case.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Why this is doing this is because of this action:

1.png
1.png (31.81 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

This is found in the element "thumbnail_menu".
You just need to remove this action.
Save the skin to your projects folder.
Do the same thing for the mobile verion.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mlenox

Thanks! That fixed it.

Got a minute to explain why that was in there ... a "Set Value" with no value specified? And why did that break Filter? I had found the action previously but never would have associated the two.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The skins that come with Pano2VR were never designed to be edited, hence why when you open either of them it says to use the skin configuration button to modify.
And why there is a full set of components ready to use to build your own.

For the reason why that action was there.
Both the thumbnail menus, normal and mobile, have the cloner tag _nop_
What this does is prevents the download of the menus preview images if the Thumbnail menu is not selected.
The action has an action filter, that if the menu is selected then the action triggers and removes the tag allowing the download of the preview images.
If the menu is not selected, Pano2VR will still create the preview images in the output but when viewed online they will not be called so saving the viewing device from downloading content it will not use. Note the preview images are shared by the menu and the Hotspot preview images so don't delete them.
Also, the hotspots only download the preview images for the nods you are in and not all of them together.

Of course, if you go in and change the tag from _nope_ to something else, it will not matter the action will remove it on open showing all thumbnails.
If this is the only modification to the skin then all good.

But for anyone thinking of doing lots of mods, as you have found you can run into problems.
You are far better to build your own skin from the components.

But if you want to know more have a look at this webinar: https://ggnome.com/gg_webinars/building ... nal-skins/
This gives a little insight into how the skins work with the Skin Configuration button.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mlenox

Thanks again! Lots of good info in your response. I actually am building my own skin but I had copied much of the silhouette_v6 skin to start and that's how I picked up this logic.