Mouse Click Set volume not working on ios

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
dizzz

Hi, I ve made a simple mute/unmute button with Mouse Click -> Set Volume -> 0% and 100%
It works as expected everywhere except on apple devices (ios)
It's not responding at all on ios (apple)
Maybe a pano2vr bug? any workarounds?

thank you
dizzz
Hopki
Gnome

Hi dizzz,
What iOS device do you have and what iOS version?
Older iPhones did not allow the volume actions to work, but newer phones do, as an example, my iPhone 11 works fine with the attached project.
Please try it to see if it is your phone or project.
But as said for a long time you could not use any volume actions you had to use the volume buttons on the phone.
Regards,
Attachments
volume.zip
(393.5 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
dizzz

Hi Hopki, your skin is working fine but you ve set the sound on backgorund,
I m assigning an mp3 file to a video element and then I m trying to control the main volume (_main) or the element's volume.
I ve even managed to fade out the sound with a timer, but it seems something is wrong with the video element involving sounds on ios.
The project is complicated, with popups, bg themes changing etc and I have to assign the audio to a video element volume.
I m sending a simplified prj which describes the problem
thank you
Attachments
test01.p2vr
(1.68 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
test02.ggsk
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi dizzz,
Looking at your skin, the Mute button is setting the _main audio channel to 0.0, this will include all other channels so no need to target any others, this will include the video sound, in fact, any sound as it is the _main audio channel. To be clear if the _main is set to 0, you will not hear any sounds.

If you only want to target the background sound then you should only target this sound channel or if you have a media element, target just that.
The play button sets the mp3 file to the video element and plays the sound, but has no action to set the volume back to 1.0?
So in your skin, you can only set the volume to 0 with no other way of setting is back.

I did spot in the video element you start a timer with a variable changed source.
This seems a little odd and dangerous, this action can get hidden very easily.
I would be inclined to add a container to the skin with the ID Variable Changed then any variable changed actions can go in there.
This way you can see where such actions are in the skin.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
dizzz

hi Hopki thank you for your reply,

I trashed all other elements of the skin just to see if mute button works,
if you put it online, you 'll see that the mute button is not responding in iphone 11 even though it should mute all sounds (including the mp3 file).
I can send you a private message with the link to my online project if you wish (not published yet)

thanks again
dizzz
Hopki
Gnome

HI dizzz,
Can you send in your support package to support?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15514
The e-mail link is below.
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
dizzz

Hi Hopki,
I ll send it later in the evening, as for now I am posting the online project created from the skin I ve uploaded earlier
https://vr360.gr/output5/index.html

You can see in desktop it plays and mutes with the corresponding buttons but in ios, no response at all.

thank you