(direct) link to hotspots?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
THufnagl

hi,

is there a way to directly link hotspots via their ID? this would be useful to refer to "related" hotspots from within a info popup as well as providing an "overview" of the available hospots (althoug not dynamic). i was hoping to find something in the JS API, but did not find it there..... or would it be a URL parameter (with diect node access enabled?)

thanks,
t
Hopki
Gnome

Hi THufnagl,
I have tried to understand what you may mean but not succeeding.
Can you elaborate a bit more?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
THufnagl

hi, for some reason i dont get notfications on replies... anyway:

it should be like the thumbnail view, which gives me a list of all pano nodes (with preview) and on click i can trigger them.
now i'm looking for the same approach, just with info_hotspots. i need to probably build the overview manually, but don't know how i could trigger a click on a particular hotspot-ID from a another element (like a link or button).

sorry for not being clear enough.
thanks!
t
THufnagl

hi. any help on the topic would be just great and appreciated with eternal thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
You would need to rethink how you build the information Hotspots.
It is not difficult, just different.

Download and open the attached project to follow along.

Hotspot Editor:
The hotspots now have a number in the description text field, no other data is required other that set the Skin-ID to ht_info.
Each number will represent an information popup.

Skin Editor
The project uses a Numbered Variable, var_info which defaults to 0.
Each number represents a different information popup as said above.

The information container has a visible logic block that states that anything over 0, this is will show.
The same for the screen tint.
The close button has an action to set the variable value to 0, so it will hide the container and screen tint.

In the information popup, you have title and body text, text elements.
You would use the text logic block to enter your text, so in the example looking at the title text box, "info_title"
This has a text logic block that states that if the variable number is 1, use "Information One".
If the variable is 2, then use: Information Two

The same method is used for the body text, 1: Body Text for information Hotspot One.
And 2: Body Text for information Hotspot Two

Now to show an information popup you just need to change the variable number.
If you look at the Hotspot Template, this has the action to Set Variable Value, using the placeholder $(hd) to use the number set in the hotspots description text field.

As an example, clicking the first information hotspot that has 1 in the description text field, this will set the variable to 1.
In doing so 1 is more than 0 so both the information container and screen tint will show.
The title text will display: Information One
The Body text will display: Body Text for information Hotspot One
The close button set the variable back to 0, so everything hides and the text boxes clear.

Thumbnail Menu
You can make your own images and give them the actions to Set Variable Value, changing the number to open the correct popup for that image.
In this example, I am using two text boxes to represent your thumbnail images.
You can use tags to show and hide different thumbnail or place them in a scroll area.
You have several options here.

Regards,
Attachments
info_buttons.zip
(27.23 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
THufnagl

thanks so much for this, hopki! doing injects based on logic blocks driving content seems to be a solution in this case.
i'll try this and will report, sir.

(working in the hotspot editor with bigger HTML files is PITA, working on an even smaller textarea in logic blocks is an absolute joy... feature request: let's have a button to scale/trigger any textbox to be fullscreen/resizable!)