Can't close Object2VR iFrame embeded in a Pano2VR-tour using a touch-controlled device

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Lalalala

Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:39 pm

Hello,
I ran in following problem:
I've embeded in a Pano2VR-Tour serveral Object2VR-html5-projects. The Object2VR-frames are started via hotspots using this code:

<iframe src="$(hu)" width="100%" height="100%" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="float:left; margin-left:0px" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" frameborder= "0"></iframe>

To close the iframe I am using a button which is part of the Pano2VR-Skin controlling the visibility of the iframe.
The Object2VR-skin has a button for toggeling fullscreen. In fullscreen-mode the close-button has gone, probably because it belongs to the Pano2VR-skin. But that's no problem as it is possible to switch back to window/frame-view where the close-button appears and works.
Using a device with touch-input the behavior is different. The Object2VR-frame starts already in a full-windows-mode and can only be toggled to fullscreen. As in both cases the close-button is not visible there is no possibility to close the frame (beside using the history-back button of the browser, which leads unfortunately also to the start of the tour) This behavior is the same on several devices and browsers (Firefox, Edge, Vivaldi, Safari, Chrome..)

There are two solutions I can think of:
1. There is close button in the Object2VR-skin which closes its self iframe.
2. Make the browser not open in full-window-mode when detecting touch-input.

Any idea how to achive this or any other solution?

Thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:46 pm

HI,
This sounds like the text box in the pano skin is not responsive so when opened on a small screen device it already fills the window and you can not get to the close button.
Can you share a link to the project so we can have a look?
This may spark some ideas to help.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Software Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Lalalala

Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:32 pm

Hello,

here is the link to project:

https://m-schroen.de/lunos/201005/index.html

I already put a home button (Go to url | ../index.html | _parent) in all Object2VR outputs as a poor workaround.

Addition: It seems that with touchscreen devices the Object2VR output is not loaded as iframe as the url in the browser changes to that of the Object2VR output (e.g. ../pano2vr-output/object2vr-output). With a non touchscreen device there is no change of the url. With my 2-in-1 laptop I am able to switch to both behaviors on all browsers.

Regards
Lalalala

Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Hello,
I fixed the issue. The reason for it was that in the skin template that I've used were some "has touch" filters linked to the hotspot actions. I have no idea why, but these filters caused on touchscreen devices that the Object2VR output was not loaded into a iframe.
Side note: I've found these filter entries one day before but were fooled by the caching of my browsers or some uploading issue. So keep in mind: save every new version into a new directory;)

Regards
Hopki
Gnome

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Or clear the cache of your browser :D
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Software Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Lalalala

Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:46 pm

On firefox I've done so everytime. Mostly it works, but sometimes not..

Regards