Point hotspot to info, always closes?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
deedee123

Hi,

I have this point hotspot, Info type, going to a slightly adapted version of the "information Popup" component, just sending some text there.
However when the element pops up, it always closes when i click it. of course, this is what i want for its "X" button, but not for the whole popupscreen with the text.
Any way to remove this behavior?
david
Hopki
Gnome

david,
Look at the screen tint as this will close the info popup on click.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,

yes i am aware of the screen tint element. but i'm sure it's not active. i don't see any triggers and the screen doesn't get darker.
Also i don't want it to be active, as i like the viewers to be able to move the scene while the popup is still visible.
also when i click outside the popup area, it doesn't close. just when i click on itself.

i'll add a screenshot, the "x" closes the screen and puts the description value to zero (so the audio player, which is just entered as text in the description, mutes).
but the text box is also active some way. the audioplayer itself i can click without problems.

david
20200711_103046.png
20200711_103046.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2349 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi david,
I have this point hotspot, Info type
I wronly assumed you were using the info hotspot component which does have the screen tint.
I don't want to keep on second-guessing, to help I would need to see your skin.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
deedee123

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, yes it's an info hotspot, but i removed the appearance of the screen tint from the skin, so i made it onto a new component with different skin-id.
The behaviour is still there and i can't reaaly explain it, but i kind-of worked around, so it's ok for now.

i do wonder what is the real difference between the hotspot types, it seems to me you can make for instance "info" and "image" do the same, as long as you use the same element (skin-id?)? but i guess the difference has a reason.

david
360Texas

Forum traffic has increased. Thank you for being patient. Your comment will be replied to shortly....
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
An image hotspot will allow you to select an image using an open dialogue box, the URL hotspot will not.
Same with the video hotspots.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com