what is "player state changed" in simplex skin?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
deedee123

i'm a bit puzzled by the many "player state changed" entries at the full screen button at the default skin:
20200705_120348.png
20200705_120348.png (14.53 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
before ruining something good, what's it for??

david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi david,
The skins that come with Pano2VR can be configured to have more or less buttons. This is done using a variables. So when you select a button to add, for example the information button, the player state change looks at all the variables and can arrange the buttons as needed.
As I always say if you want to modify a skin you are much better advised to start a new skin and just add the components you want.
Of course, there is nothing stopping you to modify the Simplex skin and is a good tool to deep dive into skin building.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

thanks for the reply!

indeed i decided to start with the full skin, figuring i could take out what i don't need, and tinker what i do need.

but I found out there are many relations that are very hard to discover. also it's not possible to search 9at least i can't find search function). anything can be changed by itself, or some other element variable, or just a general skin variable. so it's easy to break some element that you didn't know as connected to another.

it would be great to have some "relationship viewer", so when you click some element or variable, you can see where else it connects to. or at least a search function so you can more easily find the same elements.

perhaps i'm missing some function that makes the web behind the skin more transparent!?

david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi david,
All of this will be addressed in the future.
But as it's only a few clicks to make a skin from components I would say that's the way to go.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/