responsive request and questions

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
dylan

Hi Martin and everyone.

My first post here; sorry as I'm straight in with a feature request for something that has been asked a few times :-(
I'm really surprised that a responsive pop up image with description isn't a standard built in component, will that be possible at some point?

I've looked through the forums and am cobbling stuff together from posts and skins I've seen but I can either get combined image/text either to look good on desktop large screen or make it small for mobile. Am currently studying the 'Pano2VR 5 and Responsive Skin design' thread in the forum and poring over the Responsive Skin example, I will get it, but just feel this shouldn't be so tricky. Maybe it's the ease with which I can add responsive info, images and video to my tour has spoilt me :-)
I'm even considering popping up web pages in iframes so I can prepare responsive image/text content with bootstrap/css but I know pano2vr can do the job. I have a tour made that I'm very happy with but trying to get the image/info popup is taking longer than the rest of the project. I thought the map/radar stuff would be problematic but that was relatively simple (love that feature!).

I've booked onto the 101 skins webinar this afternoon and am really looking forward to it! Hoping it might give me some insight. The help videos and webinars were what made me choose Pano2Vr over the competition. I found the competition (trial) easier to use (and had no problems with the image with info popup), but quickly realised that Pano2vr was a MUCH more flexible system that would offer superior results longer term... once I get the hang of it :-) i used to use Flash a lot but am a pixel person rather than a programmer.

Some of the posts/help I'm looking at say they are for Pano2vr 5, does everything there still apply to version 6? I've seen a couple of demo skins and a very interesting tutorial by tonyredhead (hotspot-zooming-text),but when I see Version 5 or 'legacy settings' mentioned it makes me wary that I'm trying old techniques with newer version of the software and doomed to fail

Cheers,
Dylan.
ps. didn't mean to ramble. Combination of enthusiasm and frustration
dylan

haha replying to own post.

Am using Hopki's example in this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14355I which I had seemed to overlook. Simplest reliable solution (simple scale on smaller screen. Great starting point for me to expand on).

Will be keenly watching the skin webinar later :D

Cheers,
Dylan.
michael63

Hello machew
I couldn't agree more your sentiment of Pano2VR, switch from autopano giga (Gopro made it obsolete ) All software have a learing curves.
The skin editor, yes it's very powerful, but it does need a big overall to make it user friendly, the function you want to create is in there, finding it, make it make it work equals a lot of time and paracetamol tablets, but biggest frustation is when you have created your skin you end using it 90% of the time for your project, ( I create a skin with all the functioality that I need and the bits I don't need use for a 360 project I just delete off ) and you can do what you want to do in the first place with Pano2VR is create 360 tours

Michael