What makes video loading animation "go"?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
deedee123

Hi,

I'm using "video popup file" from the standard simplex_V6 skin, works fine, there's a loading indicator in it, but i can't figure out (or find in help) what triggers it. or what element it really is. there's no 'action' and no logic in its properties...

the point is it keeps turning while the video is not fully downloaded, even when there is enough buffer to play. so i only want to make it visible when it's loading AND the buffer is empty (so never show it when the video is actually playing), but i have no idea where to look.

hope there is some way.
david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
This is the seek bar.

1.png
1.png (29.29 KiB) Viewed 1698 times

You add it to the skin then you can select which media it should react to.

2.png
2.png (99.86 KiB) Viewed 1698 times

You can then give it actions like Media Ended, Chane Variable Value to do something.
You can find the file video element in the components toolbox which you can then pull apart to see how it works.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,

thanks for your reply!
indeed there's the seekbar and it's working properly, but what i meant is the rotating dots animation that shows over the video when it's loading.

so in simplex_v6 there's video_popup_file container, with popup_video_file in it, and "loading_video_file". that animation i wonder about; can i make it not show when the video is playing and still has buffer? it seems now it is showing as long as the file isn't fully downloaded. but when there's enough buffer and the video is playing (even when it's not fully downloaded) i don't want that animation to show over the video.
i can't find what makes the animation trigger to show or not. (the seekbar is working fine).

david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
This sounds very odd, and I'll tell you why...
The loading graphic is just that, an animated SVG.
It is a child element of the video element.
When there is no video the video element is transparent so you see the animated SVG.
When the video loads, this then covers the animated SVG, so nothing fancy is going on, the animated SVG just gets covered.

If you are saying you still see the animated SVG with video content, then you must have moved the animated SVG so it's above the video element in the tree.
If not, then can you share a screenshot of the skins tree showing all the elements that make up the video popup.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

ah!!! indeed i was looking too deeply into all kinds of actions and who knows whats!
i don't know why, but the loading animation indeed got on top of the video.
benefit it works really easy. small drawback it doesn't show when the video stops for a while because it's buffering (to show the viewer something's still happening).

but the mystery is solved :)
thanks!
david