Responsive margins? Using percentages rather than pixels.

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Des

[Apologies for cross-posting. This is something I posted on the Facebook group, but it has possibly got missed. Or there is no solution...]

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to create a split-screen tour, comprising a pano and a map.

I've set the map width as a percentage, and now I'd like to adjust the pano player width so that it adjusts to whether or not the map is visible. I know this can be done if I specify pixels (I searched the forum and downloaded a really helpful example), but I'd rather use a percentage value. Adding the value (e.g. 20%) to the following (an action for the 'Map Show' button, but with the original value removed) just breaks the page:

javascript:player.setMargins(0,0,0,0);

Is it possible to use a percentage value? If so, how? I did look online, but I struggled with something that looks as though it should be easy to find an answer for.

It may be worth saying that my preference for using a percentage value is because the results look good across a range of screen sizes..

Thanks in advance.
Des

Sorry, I can see this has been discussed before, and the solution appears to be logic blocks based on screen resolution.

It would still be great if we could used percentages, though. :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yes at the moment it works with just pixels.
Please see the attached project.
I have sent a message to Thomas and Christoph if there is a way to work with a percentage but I feel it may end up being a feature request.
Regards,
Attachments
Archive.zip
(13.07 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/