Background Sound Overlapping with other Video/Audio

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JGoding

Good Day,

I am creating a VR Tour using Pano2VR Pro and need a background audio track to startup which I am clear I need to add a custom skin for (unless some kind folk have already done this?).

The main issue I am having is that where other media (Video / Audio) are available to play, the background sound seems to by default keep playing. Is there a way to get it to pause while other media is being played? I would have thought I'm not alone in needing this feature and surprised it's not more user friendly to set up - i..e requires any customisation at all.

Having said that I have tried customising the standard "video_popup_file" (as I'm using an embedded video file) by adding two actions, one at the start and one at the end of the existing standard commands:

(starting action added)
Source: Mouse Click
Action: Stop Media
Parameter: Blank
Target: _*background

(then the 4 existing actions)

Then a new end action:
Source: Play Media
Parameters: 1
Target: _*background

but this does not seem to work. Can anyone help me adjust any of the settings so it does work? Do I instead need to be adjusting the ht_video_file (hotspot)?

Ha - that's it isn't it, I was just in the wrong action!

EDIT: I also needed to move the new end action to the "'x" (close video) symbol.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
I would on mouse click set the volume of to say 20% or even lower:

1.png
1.png (43.1 KiB) Viewed 1444 times

Then the end media action:

2.png
2.png (44.42 KiB) Viewed 1444 times

This will create like a ducking effect, if you stop and then start the sound it will start from the start, you could also pause and play.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/