png32 - 2px line invisible

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Jan_T

hello,
normally i import every element of a skin as png32. no problems with transparency, everything fine.
when i try to import a simple line of 2px it is not possible, because it will not be visible. only solution is giving the line some hidden pixels in other colors.
the rectangle tool in the editor only can make lines from 6px...
any hints?

jan
(working on this one: http://www.totzek.de/download/Yes_Residenz/Yes.html)
360Texas

One time I wanted a thin 32png 2 pixel white line as the top part of a tool bar. What I did was create a 50 high by 1000 wide pixel high transparent graphic. In photoshop I made this new transparent canvas then added a brown/black 30% opaque layer then added a 2 pixel white border line at the top. Then I put that translucent 50 x 1000 brown/black graphic in as a layer behind the toolbar buttons. The white line displays nicely.

You can do the same 50 x 1000 transparent technique.. but do not add the brown/black 30% .. just leave it transparent.

Click a blue /\ arrow "Elevated View" button to see the tool bar

http://360texas.com/tips/rd/tedi/pagereynolds.htm
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Jan_T

ok, i see what you mean.
the opaque layer looks nice. a problem might be, that behind the opaque layer the pano cannot be dragged.
i solved the problem with some hidden pixels in the left part of the skin editor. i just shifted the pixels outside the visible area.
mh. could be easier...
360Texas

Yes, that is true.. can not mouse click/ drag in the tool bar area. It is a layer infront of the panorama layer.

The only reason I made the tool bar opaque area so wide is because I have a 24" monitor.. and when switching to full screen.. I wanted that opaque area full screen too.

Thinking about that now.. maybe I do not want that 1000 pixel wide area. Maybe only behind the tool bar itself. I wonder if the far left and right edges in the toolbar area would be clickable ?

Guess I need to try and see. More to come.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com