Add image to polygon hotspot

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
iantresman

I can manually add an image to a polygon hotspot. Can I do this inside the skin editor, so that the same image is always added (eg. an info icon). Then if I decide to change the image, it will change throughout my tour.

I can add an image to my skin, but it appears in a fixed location on my screen, I don't know how to anchor it to the polygon hotspot so that it moves with it. I've also tried adding it to the tree as a child of the container.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi iantresman,
Why not just use a hotspot?
This has an image and will be used throughout the tour.
Can I ask what is the use case?
I can only think that you want an image such as a point hotspot image but then have a much larger clickable area.
I think if you give a bit more detail about what you want the viewer to see and do that will help.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
iantresman

1. Initally the polygon hotspot is hidden so it doesn't spoil the image.
  2. The smaller image is to show there is something there
  3. When I move my cursor over the polygon hotspot, it then appears
  4. But if I use a regular hotspot with image, when I move my cursor over it, the polygon hotspot disappears. If I use a smaller image, then the polygon hotspot remains visible.
I guess I could use the regular hotspot and some additional logic to keep the polygon hotspot displayed, or, I was just wondering how it would be done by adding an image in the skin.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi iantresman,
Add the point hotspot but make the image "Permeable" which is found in the image properties.

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 16.48.49.png
Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 16.48.49.png (42.92 KiB) Viewed 3100 times

Give that ago, this will make the hotspot image non-active.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
iantresman

Obvious now that you point it out!