Embedding an Object2VR output

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Over in the Object2VR forum is a post on how to make an object with a transparent background.
Here is the link: Link
But I wanted to just quickly cover how I added the object to a Pano2VR output.

Here is the output: Link
If you read the Object2VR post it explains that it uses an iframe in a text box.
In pano2VR I added the text box to a Hotspot template:

3.png
3.png (16.91 KiB) Viewed 11356 times

Then set the hotspot template to use 3D distortion:

1.png
1.png (21.18 KiB) Viewed 11356 times

The output folder from the object was added using the Assets feature found at the bottom of the HTML5 outputs Advanced tab:

2.png
2.png (10.17 KiB) Viewed 11356 times

So when you create the output the Object2VR's output folder is automatically added to the Pano2VR's output.
The attached project is the Pano2VR project with only the output folder from the Object2VR project. If you want to see how to prepare the object please see the Object2VR post link above.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
EnbedObject.zip
(3.96 MiB) Downloaded 553 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

As a follow up to this project you can add hotspots to the Object2VR project to change nodes in the Pano2VR tour.

Here is a basic example, LINK
The object has three Hotspots, each opens a node of the tour.

So it is possible to create a 3D map using Object2VR with view states to show different levels and have the hotspots to open the panoramas.

To do this you need to open the Object2VR project and add Point Hotspots.
In the URL add the node ID to open, as an example, to open node one it would look like this:

Code: Select all

{node1}

In the Object2VR skin you would add the action to the Hotspot Template:
For Object2VR 3
Source: Mouse click.
Action: Go To URL,
URL: javascript:parent.pano.openNext('$hu');
Target: leave blank

For Object2VR 4
URL: javascript:parent.pano.openNext(player.hotspot.url)

The placeholder $hu reads the node data from the point hotspots, example: {node1}.
For Object2VR 4 you need player.hotspot.url

When searching the web I found some good tutorials on how to use Photoshop and create some good 3D images/maps, they tend to export as Animated GIF's but you could export as video, then switch to create an image sequence which would then go directly into Object2VR.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Panopics360

yes sir it done, thanks

https://panopics360.com/Mixedvirtualtour/Nestron/

Other Question

. when this file in desktop its ok .but in mobil screen ,it have a big gap top and bottom of the file (because 100% width ) So. i need that file on top of mobil screen
any code please info .
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.19.50 AM copy.png
Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 10.19.50 AM copy.png (197.02 KiB) Viewed 9316 times
jiminlai

Hi Hopki,

This is wonderful. I've a question. How do I make the frame close upon clicking the hotspot? My frame with the object2vr fills the entire screen and I would like the frame to close when the hotspot is clicked and the new pano is loaded.

Hope you can help.

Thanks,
Jimin

Hopki wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:12 pm As a follow up to this project you can add hotspots to the Object2VR project to change nodes in the Pano2VR tour.

Here is a basic example, LINK
The object has three Hotspots, each opens a node of the tour.

So it is possible to create a 3D map using Object2VR with view states to show different levels and have the hotspots to open the panoramas.

To do this you need to open the Object2VR project and add Point Hotspots.
In the URL add the node ID to open, as an example, to open node one it would look like this:

Code: Select all

{node1}

In the Object2VR skin you would add the action to the Hotspot Template:
URL: javascript:parent.pano.openNext('$hu');

The placeholder $hu reads the node data from the point hotspots, example: {node1}.

When searching the web I found some good tutorials on how to use Photoshop and create some good 3D images/maps, they tend to export as Animated GIF's but you could export as video, then switch to create an image sequence which would then go directly into Object2VR.

Regards,
Hopki
jiminlai

Hopki,

I've found a workaround. No need to hassle in the object2vr. I just put an action in a container in pano2vr to hide the frame before node change. Works flawlessly!
Lalalala

Hello,
I've created a project in Pano2VR with embedded Object2VR outputs basically the way Hopki discribed it above. I ran in a problem which I described more detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15154
In a nutshell: On all device with touch-input the Object2VR output starts and stays in a full-window-mode preventing to use the close button which is part of the Pano2VR skin. The only way to get out of the Object2VR output is using the back button of the browser.

Any idea to solve this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Another take on embedding an Object into Pano2VR but this project gives the impression of 360 panoramas embedded into an Object.

ScreenFlow.gif
ScreenFlow.gif (4.2 MiB) Viewed 6247 times

An example would be a 360 Object of a car, then clicking a Hotspot to enter the car and see a 360 panorama.
To see it working download the zip, open the ObjecPNG folder and object2VR project and create the output.

Now open the Pano2VR project and create the output.
What you will see is the object on open.
It has both Point and Polygon Hotspots, just to demonstrate that you can use both.

Each hotspot can open a specific node in the Pano2VR project.
As an example, if we think back to a car as an object, we can enter the car from either the Driver or Passenger door.
Or even either side of the rear.

This is actually displaying the Object as an iframe so it fades it out allowing you to see the 360 panoramas.
As this is using the same HTML page you can also maintain fullscreen.

How does it work?
The Pano2VR project has a "blank" node, this is a file named null_input.jpg and in the user data has the tag "start".
The iframe hides and shows using the alpha logic block that is looking for the tag.
So when in node one, null_input.jpg, the tag shows the object using the iframe.
As you select a node from the object, the tag changes and the iframe fades out.

The tag is also used to show the close button which has the action to open node one.
Regards,
Attachments
Object_Panorama.zip
(8.43 MiB) Downloaded 320 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com