game hotspot external url

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
MPW

Hi there,

what´s wrong? Can´t figure it out:
I placed a hotspot with an external url png-image inside my pano. It´s part of a game you can activate for children within the flowershop-pano called "find the bees". Finding + clicking a bee activates an info-box and a humming. After finding 2 of three bees variables changes so that finding the final bee the final info-box appears acompanied by a final sound.
To get these different actions I choosed a separate hotspot for each bee. Each hotspot has 2 ext-url-elements over it: one for actions when finding the first two bees and one (visibility of both changes after finding first two ones) for showing final info and sound.

My problem: clicking the first two bees is easy. As soon as mouse is over the bee-image the handsymbol appears. However it´s always getting hard to click no 3 (when the lower placed url-image-element became visible aft clicking 1st and 2nd bee). Here you have to find the exact position of the hotspot to click, which is quite hard. Why is this difference in clickable area with url-image in same size and position?

Start the game in lower right corner. 1st bee on candle, 2nd near floor next to green vase, 3rd in upper part in yellow ginko

find the pano here: http://show360.de/pano2vr/

Tried the same skin with simple background and problem is gone! :? Find it here: http://show360.de/pano2vr2/

To optimize the game it would be great to change bee-positions after clicking final info, if you like to start again. Tried out a change position action to the image-url-box. Did not work. Thankful for any ideas.

Thanks a lot
Attachments
hvb_test_2.jpg
hvb_test_2.jpg (194.92 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
hvb_test_1.jpg
hvb_test_1.jpg (596.47 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I concur the third bee is not an active element.
Make sure it's not set to permeable, this is found under the Advanced tab of the External Image Loaders properties.
Also, make sure there is not an active transparent element covering it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MPW

Thank you Hopki,

I checked this all before and again. Both not set to permeable. I put each external loader into a separate container and switched all actions and logicblocks to them. No help.
I changed position of both external loaders within one hotspot, so that they are not covering each other. No help.

Seems that an external loader above another one within one hotspot causes the problem. When changing the layer within the skin the problem changes.
(However in the first mentioned simple version the same skin is working???)

To get it right: is an element set to not visible or with opacity set to 0 still active?

Thank you again.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If an element is hidden or set to Alpha 0 then it should not be active.
However, the external loader needs to be hidden and not set to Alpha 0 before the content is unloaded.
Also hiding a surrounding container is not enough, the external loader needs to be hidden.
These are only small images, why not just add the PNG files to the Hotspot template, I do not see any advantage using the external loader.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MPW

Thanks a lot,

I will play with this.

The reason for the external loader was that the image was scaleable according the zoom in/out of the panorama (acc your tutorial: Creating 3D Distorted Hotspot Images: logicblock with hotspotdistance image url:$(hc) ). So looking for a bee-image wasn´t only about looking left and right, but also zooming in to find it.
Until now I wasn´t able to do it with an image just added to an hotspot.

Thank you again for your help.
Marcel