how to build radar navigation?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
occy

Hi, Ive seen this:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... flashtour/
Ild like to have a floor plan with the radar functionality. Ive donwloaded the source code, but cant see how the floorplan has been made? is the floorplan generated from actionscript?
It says "You will need Pano2QTVR pro flashpack". I dont know if Ive got this or not!? I have pano2vr 2.0.2.
thanks
thomas
Chief Gnome

Currently you need Flash to build such a thing. With Pano2VR 2.2 it will be possible to do this entirely with the skin editor.
The example you downloaded is for Flash 8 so you need to export the panorama as Flash 8 file to use it with this code.
MfG, Thomas
occy

hi thomas,
I have got flash CS3. It looks like the plan is being generated by actionscript. is that right? I was just wondering if there would be an easier way. maybe have a graphical floor plan that i can position markers on. Ild need to know how each 'marker' works (knows which direction the viewer is pointing etc...). ill have alook at your flash api. any suggestions/code snippets welcome.
keep up the good work btw!
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you have CS3 you should be able to use the API and the AS2 example to make the same thing happen in Flash 9/AS3.
MfG, Thomas
zxcvbnm

Currently you need Flash to build such a thing. With Pano2VR 2.2 it will be possible to do this entirely with the skin editor.
The example you downloaded is for Flash 8 so you need to export the panorama as Flash 8 file to use it with this code.
So can we now do this with the 2.2 beta?
thomas
Chief Gnome

zxcvbnm wrote: So can we now do this with the 2.2 beta?
Yes, just have a look at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... flashtour/ and download the project linked below the tour.
MfG, Thomas