Antialiasing for Buttons

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Jan_T

hello,

i created a new skin, which i want to use as standard for new panos.
in the attached pic you can see, that the normal buttons are scaled down to about 60% of size. on mouseover the size is 100%.

as you can see, the downsized buttons dont look that good. only the 100% version is ok.
> why is that? is there a way to make both versions look good?

regards, jan
Attachments
skin.jpg
skin.jpg (16.95 KiB) Viewed 5841 times
castillonis

Are you starting with a vector object or a raster object. Are you using illustrator, Fireworks, or Photoshop, Flash?

If you are starting off with a raster image (bitmap, not vector), work at a larger size and save copies of this raster image with smaller dimensions using resampling. (resampling is the key) Give them names like button_infoUp_100x100, button_infoUp_40x40, etc.

If you are using vectors they should scale. If it is a mixture you will need to resample.
Jan_T

ok, thanks.
i didint know, i can even import vector data to pano2vr. which formats are supported? i tried ai, but this didnt work.
anyway i am using fireworks, which cannot export vector files. i normally use png32 as export format.
where can i set resampling options for a png file?

could you perhaps help me and give me an example using the attached png? perhaps you can add a slice with export options...?
would be great!

(by the way: here is the pano: http://totzek.de/neptunbrunnen/)
jan
Attachments
skin_r2_c2.png
skin_r2_c2.png (4.27 KiB) Viewed 5780 times
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmm... not much to do about that. maybe try 50% as scale down. This should at least produce nicer looking aliasing.
MfG, Thomas
Jan_T

... scaled down 50% instead of 40% looks smoother.
merci.