Keyboard to control the pano

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
ArkiTonio

Hi, folks.
In v. 5 one could use also keyboard to pan&tilt&zoom. Keys like "+" or "-" were mapped by default.
In particular I found that one could use the four arrow keys to pan&tilt and the couples +/- or Shift/Ctrl or Shift/Alt to zoom in/out.
Great. Very handy.
Now, in v. 6, all those commands are not available any more... by default...
One has to map keystrokes to make that work like before... OK, not so difficult, but...
If I map "+" and "-" to zoom in/out pressing either the keys of the main layout or those of the numeric keypad, then in the pano only the numeric keypad "+" and "-" seem to work, not those of the main layout...
Also, if I map "+" and "-" to zoom in/out then I can't map Shift and Ctrl, or Shift and Alt...
So my question is: Thomas, is it possible to map many keys for any single action, like for example "-" on the main layout and "-" on the numeric keypad and Ctrl and Alt to zoom out?
Thank you
ArkiTonio
ArkiTonio

Thomas, are you there...?
ArkiTonio
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
We had a few requests to support keyboard mapping, actually we have had quite a few.
So this was our solution, If you wanted multiple keys to say zoom then you can add a container to the skin and copy the button action to it.
Then just make copies of the container. In each container Map a different key.

Pano2VR 6 key mapping makes panoramas very accessible which is a very good thing.
If you look at the Silhouette_v6 skin it has been designed to work with mapped keys, most of the buttons use a toggle action which is what you need.
As an example have a look at the projection button, the actions are in the parent container so the skin can have a key assigned to it to toggle through all the projections.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ArkiTonio

Thank you, Martin.
:)
ArkiTonio
ArkiTonio

Sorry, Martin, but I can't find any keyboard shortcuts in Silhouette v. 6, only mouse actions... Which buttons do you refer to in particular? Not + or -...
And when you say "make copies of the container" do you mean making nested containers, each one with a shortcut mapped to it?
Thanx.
ArkiTonio
Hopki
Gnome

The xxxxx_v6 skins don't have any keyboard mapping but you do this as you say in the skin.
Select the button then under the Advanced tab select the keyboard shortcut box and press the key you want to assign to it.
I have noticed a bug where some keys that have due functions, example the "+/=" or ":/;" key do not work and in some keys work in some browsers and not others.
I will report this but this is how you do it.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ArkiTonio

Thank you again, Martin.
ArkiTonio