Fullscreen button for iOS with Pano2VR 6

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Here’s a tip with iOS and the fullscreen button using Pano2VR 6 and action filters.
As you may or may not know iOS does not understand the fullscreen API so it does not work on iPhones or iPads.

What you can do for iOS is use a button that has a Go to URL action opening the projects HTML page in a new window so filling the browser.

So if you have a web page that has a pano displayed in a small window this will open the pano in a new tab filling the browser.
You would then close the tab to return back to the website.

The fullscreen button would use the two actions:

Source: Mouse Click
Action: Fullscreen
Type: Toggle Fullscreen

Then use an Action Filter:
Trigger: Operating System
Comparison: ≠ (not equal)
Value: iOS

The above is saying if the OS is NOT iOS then execute the action.

The next action will be:

Action: Go to URL
URL: index.html
Target: _blank

Then use an Action Filter:
Trigger: Operating System
Comparison: = (equal)
Value: iOS

So if the OS is iOS then this action will be executed.

So using Action filters the one button will either use the fullscreen action or if it's iOS it will open a new page with the pano.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BPfeifer

Hello Martin,

thanks for this workaround advice.
How is this issue exactly solved on the Pano examples within the GGnome Websise?

For example, when I look on
https://ggnome.com/blue-danube-150th-anniversary
on my ipad (Air, newest iOS) everything works fine.
The fullscreen button is working but I can't see, that it opens or closes another new window.
Or is this just working "silent" in the background and therefore not visible for me?

regards,
Bernd
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Bernd,
This is because the pano is coded directly into the page and not an iframe.
Not sure if anyone has ever wondered why we call the HTML page a .ggt, Garden Gnome Template.
This was because the HTML page we provided was so people could copy the code into their own web pages, a template for them to use.
It did mean a bit of HTML coding was necessary as you have to change the paths if the folds and JS files would then be placed in a separate folder.

But more and more people just use out template/HTML page and use an iframe.
This is where the fullscreen API brakes with iOS.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Manel

worked for me! thanks!

but be aware, the action:
Action: Go to URL
URL: index.html

ON THE TOP! if not, doesn't work

and you have to have 2 projects, one with this orders, and one without them
BPfeifer

well, as this all is quite new stuff for me....
is there a step by step guide anywhere (maybe here on the forum), how I can use these templates to solve the fullscreen issue on iOS devices ...?

I also tried the workaround using the action filter option within the skin editor.
It does work for me, but when I close the new fullscreen window (after I touched the fullscreen icon for the first time) and touch fullscreen again, it then opens TWO new windows. This keeps going on: I close the two new windows, touch fullscreen on my initial Safari window again and it opens two new ones again ... strange.

thanks,
Bernd
JPeacock

Hello Martin and other commentors,

Given the original post on this by Martin and the subsequent modifications to the method via the replies I wanted to ask whether a more definitive tutorial for this could be written Martin, as I'm really struggling to implement this fix in my projects.

Many thanks,

James
JPeacock

I stand corrected here:

Martin's method seemed to work for me :-) without the additional implementations suggested by Manel.

Manel, I'm curious to know what your reasoning for the 2 project files was and if this is something I need to consider?

Many thanks,

James
funtob

Is there a way to close the safari tab with the close fulscreen button from the tour?
PIngerstam

I have to a customer problems with exactly this.
Can someone show on a video on more exactly how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Peter
paolodalprato

I tried to apply Martin's instructions, it didn't work and I can't understand why.
Also it's complicated to test for me, since I don't have apple devices I always have to ask others to check and this lengthens the test times a lot.
Isn't there an IOS simulator?
ggibbon

Hi.
On second reading now makes sense, but where do I implemenet
the Action Filter? ie. Position, Size, Visible etc.

Thanks
:)
lavAzza

Hello.
I did according to this instruction.
Everything below applies to the latest operating systems and Safari browsers. This method works on iPhone, iPad mini 4 but doesn't work on iPad Pro 5:
1. When I rotate the panorama from top to bottom on the iPad Pro 5, the full screen closes. That is, I can not look up the panorama.
2. Opening a new window does not work on iPad Pro 5, instead the page opens in full screen. Perhaps because the iPad is now operating system iPadOS, not iOS.
Please tell me how to solve the problem.