Vr cardboard pano showing lines and missing hotspots

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
JulianT

Hello guys
I’m doing VR cardboard panos… Well trying to… And I encounter some problems

1) It seems a bit slow. I guess this is normal because it works in chrome with 2 html at a time (right eye and left eye). And it has to track both html with the gyroscope at the same time. But is there any way to speed it up? What resolution should I use for each eye? Should it be 1:1 ratio? Should it be 640x480? 1280x720? Could you help me with that? When I say it’s slow I mean is not fluid, it’s like stepped, skipping degrees.

2) Projection: I was using rectilinear projection. But is not the correct one, I should use stereographic projection. The problem is that when I changes to stereographic projection, a line shows in the union of the cube faces. Is this normal? Can this be fixed? (picture attached)

3) Another weird thing happened when I switch to stereographic projection. Hotspots disappeared. Actually the hotspot is there but the image of the hotspot is not shown. In the same panorama when I switch to rectilinear, the hotspot image appears again. Any ideas?

Thank you
Attachments
lines.JPG
lines.JPG (43.18 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
For Cardboard you should be using rectilinear projection.
Hotspots and other overlays only show in the rectilinear projection.
There is a feature request in to show hotspots in stereo and fisheye.
Not seen lines in the output before, what was your input image and output settings?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JulianT

Hello Hopki, thank you for your answer
I use 6000x3000 pxl

For cardboard it should be the stereographic option. If you notice, every other platform is using that to compensate the lens curvature. If you use stereographic you will see the image correct in cardboard. However if you use rectilinear you will see an opposite curvature or fisheye.

Thank you