Full screen and select box issues on mobile devices

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
mikeb

I am trying to complete a virtual tour, and I'm having a couple issues I am not sure how to resolve. What I have completed so far can be seen at http://peoriacathedral.allaround360.com ... glish.html

I am seeing both of these problems on mobile devices. It's possible that the select box issue might be on the PC also except that I am purposely not using the select box on the PC.

1. I'm using a select box from the component tool kit. For whatever reason, the options in the dropdown select box do not appear until after I have rotated the phone either either from landscape to portrait or portrait to landscape. After that the options do show up. I thought that maybe it was something I did when I tweaked the select box; however, I dropped a brand new select box in my project, and the same thing happens. Any thoughts?

2. Also, the full screen option does not seem to be working properly all the time. Perhaps I did something wrong with the way I created the tiles? In any case, I'll sometimes hit full screen the address bar disappears as I would expect; however, that same amount of space then appears as a white area at the bottom of the screen instead. So, it is not really a full screen. Any thoughts on what I might need to do to change/fix that one?

I appreciate any feedback anyone can give. Also, if anyone has any suggestions for anything else that might look a little funky or strange or broken, please share. Thank you very much!

Mike
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mike,
I can not reproduce the drop down menu issues.
Can you conform:
Which version of Pano2VR
Windows or Mac
Device used to test the mobile output

Also fullscreen is working ok for so again please provide more information, also with device being used to test.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mikeb

Thanks Hopki for looking at this! I have been getting these issues on my ZTE z981 Android smartphone. I guess ZTE is a Chinese company...of course everything is made over there anyway, so it seems, at least in this country lol. My poor Chinese friends I work with in IT always have a hard time finding souvenirs to take back their families in China since everything here is made over there LOL. But sorry, I'm getting off the subject here.

Just now I was able to recreate the situation where the drop-down box does not populate. It does show the current Panorama at the top, but when I click to look at the drop-down, none of the other options are in there, just blank space. But, if I go full screen, and then I check the drop-down box again, I do see the options. Likewise, if I change the orientation from portrait to landscape or vice versa, that too also causes the options to appear. At first I thought perhaps I broke something when I tweaked the dropdown box that I took out of the component tool box; however, I went ahead then and dropped a totally brand new select box from the component toolbox into my project, and it behaved the same way, likewise not showing the options in the drop-down box, at least not right away.

I believe I was also able to recreate the situation on most of the mobile devices that you can emulate through the Google Chrome browser on a Windows computer.

With regards to the full-screen situation, it seems more intermittent. Just now on my ZTE phone I was able to do full screen on and off again repeatedly in both orientations with no issues. The other day when I did the same thing, I could not get it to go completely into full-screen at all. I would click the full screen button and the address bar would disappear, but then an equal amount of white space would appear at the bottom of the screen. Very strange! I am pretty sure I was also able to recreate that situation at least some of the time in the Google Chrome emulator also, but I'll have to double-check that when I log onto my computer later on Monday as it is 2 a.m. now and I am not on the computer.

Let's see, with regards to the version of pano2vr, I started out this project using the latest version 5 pro; however, I switched to the version 6 pro beta recently. I have not gone back to check whether or not things work better on version 5. I guess that would be something to look into it. I am running pano2vr on a Windows 10 OS on an HP laptop.

Thanks again Hopki for your assistance, and I look forward to whatever additional information you or anyone else out there might be able to provide that might help me resolve these situations. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Mike in Melbourne, Florida USA