Question with the "controller_new_popup.ggsk"

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
midtsy

Hello forum. I have been playing with the new Pan2vr 2.0 version. The skin editing capabilities are amazing! Good work.

The skin that I am using is the "...new_popup.ggsk " It is a 14 node Virtual Tour, with a map of the location that the viewer can navigate, choosing any location by clicking on a specific spot (pretty straight forward).
What I did was down load the "...new_popup.ggsk" skin, open Pan2vr, edit the skin, save , then get an error message: Error writing file '......Is the file write protected?
So I then "save-as" , modify to suit. No problem. The finished product looks great !

I then attempt to upload to my site which is " modxcms" which allows me to modify etc. etc. designed by someone else, as I am not web techy but have made it this far.
I am not able to upload a .swf file. My questions are : Is it because of the error message I received that is restricting this action?
Am I mixing 2 completely different issues?
Am I able to use and modify these skins?

Thanks for the forum and all that I have learnt to this point.
thomas
Chief Gnome

midtsy wrote:My questions are : Is it because of the error message I received that is restricting this action?
Am I mixing 2 completely different issues?
Am I able to use and modify these skins?
No this has nothing to do with it. The default skin files are just protected that you can not accidentally overwrite them, or in the more dangerous way, that a Pano2VR update overwrites your modifications. The skins should be modified by yourself (thats why there is a skin editor ;) ). Use the skins as much as you like, change it, copy things together, play with it and have fun.
MfG, Thomas
midtsy

Thank you Thomas. Keep up the good work.