Floor Plan Skin

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
We have spoke with regards keeping to full screen going from pano to pano, but is it possible to have a toggled element stay open as well?
The skin I have made for a show home, http://www.hopkimedia.co.uk/Mora%20Floo ... rance.html
Toggles a floor plan. As you move to another room it closes. Would be cool if it could stay open until closed by the user.

Kind regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Carel

Hopki,

Having the floor plan close after the new pano has loaded is probably much better. Time and again I am baffled by how many people don't bother to remove all the garbage from their browser screen. Most people have three or more menu bars at the top they never even use. When they are presented with a floorplan and it does not go away by itself, an awful lot of people will not bother to close it. *If* they happen to figure out that they are looking at an interactive image where one can look around by click & drag, they will happily do so with the floorplan obstructing the pano.

Carel Struycken
www.sphericalpanoramas.com
Wim.Koornneef

Hello Hopki,

I looked at your panos, tried the floorplan and was wondering why you want it permanently visible.
When I tried to close it I searched for a close button, a close field, or something that obviously was meant to close the floorplan but I couldn't find it.
Of course I had to use the opening button but the fact that it took a few seconds before the coin dropped proves that Carel is right.
I think it is indeed better to let it close itself.

Until recently I didn't need floorplans for Flash panos so I didn't bother how to create one but now I have to make a Flash project of a nature reservation parc with a floorplan (satalite map of the parc) in it.
I like your approach, it looks simple and that's fine, the more simple the better it is, no lighthouse or radar beams, no compass, no unnecessary frills just a basic map with hotspots.
Can you, or any other forum member, inform me how to embed a map in a Flash pano and how to create the hotspots for it, or perhaps you have a URL with info ?
I don't have any special Flash authoring tools and I rarely need floorplans so I hope it is possible to create a floorplan and to embed it with simple generic tools.

Best,
Wim.
Wim.Koornneef

Wim.Koornneef wrote:Can you, or any other forum member, inform me how to embed a map in a Flash pano and how to create the hotspots for it, or perhaps you have a URL with info ?
No need for info, got it working :-)

Wim.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi All and thanks for all your replies.
I am in total agreement with you all with regards to the floor plan closing by its self. The floor plan was just an example of a item toggling in and out, but it could have been a slide bar with controls which you may wish to leave open or closed while going from room to room.
If it can be done, then this opens the door for more ideas for user interfaces.

All the very best Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Ben (ok360.nl)

Great idea to use a floorplan. Could you publish your controler? I would like to know how you made your hot spots on the plan. Thanks in advance.
Ben