dissecting the Cardboard skin

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Howard

Hello,

If I wish to build upon the cardboard.ggsk, adding my own map and other elements, I would like to have a better understanding of how it operates. Yet when examining it in the Skin Editor, I can locate no scripts, variables, or conditional statements that seem to make the gaze-hotspot operate.

Can you please let us know how this works?

Thank you,

Howard
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Howard,
How the cardboard skin works is you need a point hotspot template with a click action.
The Gyro.js has code that the hotspot template is activated once its in the centre of the screen and after a few seconds.
The cross in the centre of the cardboard skin is only there to show people where the centre of the screen is and it has no actions.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Howard

So... if I copy the elements from cardboard.ggsk into my own skin it will then have the gaze functionality, as long as the gyro.js is available?
Howard

I just tried this, and it worked fine w/hotspots.

However "info hotspots" and embedded photos did not respond to the gaze. Can the gyro.js be modified to make these other interface elements function w/gaze?

Thanks, Hopki!

Howard
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Howard,
The Cardboard template and skin are really only for navigation with cardboard or similar headset.
This is on our list to look at more advanced features but for now this is what it should be used for.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/