Loading Bar

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
TrBailey

I noticed my new tour loads a little slow (it has 22 images at 4096x2048). Its black at first, then my svg items load and then my images. I inserted the default loading bar to see if a loading screen would help (i tested with some people and they started clicking on things before the panos were loaded... not the experience I want to give my clients).

The result was that the loading bar shows up after some of my other elements load up (I tested it on my phone without wireless in my building at work and it takes 5 sec for my first elements to load and them 3 more seconds for my loading bar to show up). http://pixelperfect-studios.com/Virtual ... index.html

Is there any way to set what gets loaded first?
It would be great to be able to load the loading bar first, then my default pano then the rest of my skin elements and then other panos. Is that possible?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi TrBailey,
Did a bit of digging and it turns out that the Flash fallback player does not use the preview images yet.
So what you are seeing is a black screen until the high res images are loaded.
Can I ask why you are preferring Flash?
Most browsers display HTML5 and it is a better and smoother output when displayed on a modern browser.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TrBailey

I have the flash fallback player selected in the HTML template, but I don't have prefer flash selected.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi TrBailey,
The project is loading 9.8MB.
Check the size of your skin images, I see a few that are either nearly or over a MB.
So slowing things down somewhat.
Also I must admit I don't understand why its loading so slow, can you send me your output folder to test on my server?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TrBailey

Thanks for your help!
Just sent you a PM with a dropbox link. I thought I optimized my skin elements but a couple got away from me, fixing that now.

Let me know if there is anything else weird about my files.

Thanks again!
TrBailey

My skins were big because I used .SVG for the images that had an outer glow on them (to ensure they are seen with any backdrop). The files were large because of that. I converted all of those to .PNG and the files are much smaller (my skin images folder is now only 1 MB).

It does load faster now, but still seems a little slow. It might just be our web host isnt the fastest. To get around people clicking through before everything is loaded, I created a 0 alpha box covering the screen that gets its visibility turned off when everything is loaded. That blocks everything below it. Once everything is loaded it goes away and you can click on stuff. Works pretty well.