hide hotspot until pano is fully loaded

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
nich008

Hi
I'm using latest v5 pro in eval mode, with a skin based on simplex_V5.
I'm trying to hide hotspots until the pano is fully loaded.

I've tried under Actions, source:Loaded, Visibility:Show Element, Target $self combined with a default visibility of false
This gives a text block the right behaviour, but not hotspots.

The 'Loaded' Source fires for text blocks, (tested with Go to URL:javascript:alert('loaded')) but it doesn't seem to fire on either hotspots or text contained within them. That would seem to be the problem, but I'm not sure.

Any pointers please?
Thanks
John
Hopki
Gnome

Hi John,
Been playing with this and not really come up with a good solution which is quite frustrating as its not a big ask.
Ill play some more.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Spoke to soon,
Ok here we go..
Open the attached skin, how it works:
The hotspot image is set to Alpha 0 Skin ID ht_node_image.
The files will load real fast because of the multi resolution so I'm using a timer, Skin ID Timer 1.
The timer is set for 1 second after loaded.
The action in the timer is deactivated, change alpha for the ht_node_image to 1.

So after loaded the timer is running so the hotspot image is at alpha 0. when the timer gets to 1 second and stops, its deactivated, so the action will change the alpha to 1 for the ht_node_image.

You will notice there is a % in front of the ID in the timers action, %ht_node_image.
This is required for addressing multiple elements with the same ID such as a hotspot templates.
This is because the one template can be seen multiple times at once in a pano, so to address them all you add the % to the elements ID.
You can also use #.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
hotspot.ggsk.zip
(3.7 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
nich008

Thanks very much Hopki, I'll use your approach. :)
Useful tip on addressing multiple elements too.
John