Render a tour without waiting for the pics to load

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
Vestland

Hi
It would save me a lot of time if I could render and upload changes due to small tweaks in the skins without having to wait for all the pics to load into P2VR. As I use quite a few Gigapans in my tours, this is a major waste of time when there are no new pics to render, just changes to the skin. Is there a way to do this?
thomas
Chief Gnome

This should already be the case, except if no node images are used, as the node images are always rendered from the full images.
Do you use node images in your skin?
MfG, Thomas
Vestland

Yes, I do use node images. Is that the reason? Can that be solved in any way?
Vestland

I might add another wish related to this. I use the shortcut cmd-s and command-w to save and close the skin. But if I save the project file using command-s I might accidentally follow up with command-w and the whole project quits. A confirmation question here would be nice.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Vestland wrote:Yes, I do use node images. Is that the reason? Can that be solved in any way?
At the moment we always regenerate the image, and for this we need the images loaded.
In Pano2VR 5.0.1 you will be able to hold down the Cmd (Ctrl on Windows) Key while opening the project file to disable the node image loading. This will also disabled the rendering of new node images/tiles. This should solve your use case.
MfG, Thomas