Bug 3d-distorted iframe

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
BTO

Hello all,

since the last Pano2VR update and with Firefox 94.0.2 on Windows I have the following bug:
A 3d-distorted iframe (textbox) is also selectable outside the actual iframe area (see screenshot, the mouse is outside the rectangle).
Unfortunately, this also makes the iframe unusable, because the mouse is located somewhere else in the panorama than in the actual iframe.
Besides, you can't move the panorama in those places either.

Is there already a workaround/update for this problem?
Does it occur with others as well?
Attached a sample project (ZIP) with skin in which the problem also occurs.

In Chromium everything works as desired.

Thanks for your help and feedback,
Greetings, BTO
Attachments
iframe_bug.zip
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
iframe_bug_firefox.png
iframe_bug_firefox.png (229.58 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yes we know about this, it is Firefox which has a bug with CSS 3D transformations, not much we can do about this I am afraid.
To prove a point if you inspect the textbox/iframe using the browser you will see that are the correct size, however Firefox is allowing mouse to interact with the textbox/iframe when it is not near it, very odd.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
BTO

Hello Hopki,
thank you for the quick reply.
Since all the older exports and pano projects I still have lying around or hosted don't have this problem (not even with Firefox), I thought it could also be due to a Pano2VR update.
A solution soon would be very important - do you already have approaches for this?
Thank you and greetings, BTO
Hopki
Gnome

Hi BTO,
It is known that Firefox has an issue with 3D transformation, at one point it flipped images upside down.
But what is really odd, we know it is the browser however things have moved on since we last tested this.
When this was first reported I could not reproduce the issue, in fact, we tested with iMac Pro, MacBook Pro, M1 iMac and a Windows 10 Surface Go, all worked OK.
We saw the issue on an M1 MacBook Pro only, all using Firefox.

Today and after a Firefox update, I can not interact with the panorama at all, the mouse has focus on the iframe.
The browser console is showing the size of the text box and the iframe, which is what I would expect but for some reason, Firefox is allowing interaction even when the mouse is well outside of the frame area.
This of course makes no sense.

It is Firefox not working correctly with 3D Transformations so I would expect older versions of the player to have some influence on this as the players get updated with changes to standards.
Testing with a 6.0.6 player I still see an issue but the size of the area is different, so not fixed, but made a difference.
You have said you do not get this at all with older projects?
Do you have links?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi BTO,
I sent a PM, but also try different iframe content, do you see any differences?

For anyone following Firefox is not good when it comes to 3D Transformations.
We have to make various fixes for 3D distorted point hotspots.
Firefox has now broken it again.
Older players do seem to work better but then show the old bugs that the new player fixed.
We will keep an eye on this but we hope they fix Firefox.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
BTO

Hello Hopki,
a new observation on this topic from my side:

- Locally hosted files that are included with relative path work fine.
- Only iframes with absolute path to external resources cause the problem.

Maybe this helps with the troubleshooting...
Best, BTO
Hopki
Gnome

Hi BTO,
I sent a PM, but it's looking more like Firefox has an issue with the video tag.
This is probably why your test worked locally because you used a panorama as the embedded object.
The other test used a video.
I did a test with an embedded panorama that has a video popup.
In Firefox it opens ok and the panorama works as should, including the one in the iframe.
But as soon as the video was played in the iframe I saw the issue again.
All using Firefox browser.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

For anyone following.
What we have found is if the iframe content is on a different domain then you see the issue.
If the content is on the same domain then it's OK.
We have e-mailed Mozilla and reported the bug.
If you are having an issue with this browser bug, please also contact Mozilla using the help menu in Firefox.
The more people that contact them the better.

To be clear what the issue is, using Firefox, a text box, for example, showing an embedded YouTube video using the embed code, which is a child element of a Hotspot Template that has 3D Distortion, so the YouTube video is pinned to the panorama, gets the mouse focus even outside of the text box which prevents interacting with the panorama.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

More news on this issue.
We received a message back from Mozilla support.
The problem is being caused by a new security feature being rolled out called fission.
This feature separates separate websites into their own processes, making it harder for attackers to see sensitive information.

You can disable this by opening Firefox and entering in the address bar: about:config
Then search for, fission.autostart
Set to false and restart Firefox.

This solves the issue but of course only for the browser that has the setting changed.
For now, the video has to be hosted on the same domain for it to work.
We have asked Mozilla support to keep us informed so we may forward information.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com